this post is late...really late...like a month late. see, that's the problem with me and these awards and memes - i'm masterful at procrastinating.
nevertheless, here i am *finally* getting it done :)
so, michaele stoughton nominated me for the liebster award for blogs with fewer than 200 followers.
these are the 11 questions michaele asked:
1. What inspired you to start writing?
I wasn't as inspired as i was catapulted into it. I needed a creative outlet, was hit with a story at the right time and BAM! That was about four years ago and i've been writing ever since.
2. What are your all-time favorite books?
I'm pretty hard on books and don't have a lot that I'd consider all time favorites, but a few have made the list over the years: The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath, The Book Thief by Markus Zuzak, and of course the Harry Potter series, to name a few.
3. What would be the best thing about being published?
Sharing my stories/characters/worlds and of course being able to tangibly hold 'my book' - that will be REALLY cool.
4. What is your greatest achievement in life so far, and why?Well, my 2 amazing daughters of course - I learn so much from them everyday. Second to that would be writing novels - I amaze myself with that fairly often as well. As in, "Whoa, I wrote that?! Cool."
5. Tell me about an embarrassing moment.
When I was working part-time at Target a while back I had to train one day on the register (everyone has to). It's common practice to ask the customer if they want a bag (if it's just one or two things). Well, a younger guy (18-19 ish) came through my line and bought a box of condoms. Not even realizing OR thinking, I asked, "Would you like a bag for this?", also holding it up and waving it about. Um, yeah. The look of horror on his face was enough. I blushed, then put them in a bag. Good times.
6. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?Ireland. I've never been, but I know I'd love it. I would want a sweet little cottage in a field of wild flowers. That exists, right?
My husband and I went sky-diving in Hawaii (pre-kids), but that was more terrifying than exciting. So, probably our honeymoon trip to Italy. I could totally live there. Oh and getting the call from my agent - talk about exciting!!! See Jamie, you're right up there with jumping from a plane and exotic vacations!
8. Who would you be most excited to meet in person?
Man, this is hard. I'm a total introvert so would be really awkward meeting anyone famous or who I highly respected! But, probably either JK Rowling (because she's awesome) or Will Ferrell (because he's hilarious). I know...odd combo.
9. Fur, feathers, or scales. Pick one and tell me why.
Feathers. Fur and scales ook me out. Feathers are beautiful.
10. What are your biggest pet peeves?
Soggy bread, when someone licks a napkin (like nails on the chalkboard), intolerance, and closed-mindedness.
11. What are your hopes for 2013?
Aside from health and happiness (obviously), I have two projects currently on submission and would LOVE to see them get picked up!
Most of the bloggers I know with less than 200 followers have already accepted this award. If you'd like to do it again (or haven't participated), consider yourself tagged (questions are below) - because you're all awesome!!!
1. What's your greatest writing challenge?
2. Favorite song?
3. If you could only take 3 books with you on a year long trip, which 3 would you choose?
4. What made you want to pursue writing?
5. If you could live in any time period, when would you choose?
6. Favorite animal and why?
7. Where's your favorite place to write?
8. Favorite vacation spot?
9. Are you a truth or a dare person?
10. Favorite article of clothing?
11. What are your goals within the coming year (stole this from Michaele!)?